Location: New York City
Aesthetic: Modern, Luxurious, Comfort
Three Can’t Live Without Products
“These are the softest, most luxurious towels. One of the things I love the most about all Kassatex towels is the loop in the center they can be hung.”
“The Diamond Quilt Mats in white, of course. They are so pretty and cozy on your feet!”
“I love the embroidered detail on this bedding!”
- Kassatex: How did you start designing?
- Cara: I started my designing career at NYSID where I studied interior design. I worked for several large design firms and started my first firm in 2004. I have owned several design firms over the years.
- K: Favorite moment when a project is complete:
- CW: My favorite moment when a project is complete, is seeing the reaction of my clients when they walk in to their newly designed home for the first time.
- K: Most difficult project?
- CW: My most difficult project was dealing with a very difficult client. Some people will never and could never be satisfied and that is when you realize you need to let go of a project.
- K: Three favorite colors for walls:
- CW: Calming neutral tones of white with texture, metallic colors and I still love ombre so much in every color!
- K: Runway Ready: Do you ever pull inspiration from fashion, or everyday life?
- CW: Sometimes but very rarely. Believe it or not my inspiration comes to me mostly in my dreams and when I close my eyes I have visions of furniture, palettes, and entire rooms.
- K: How important is it to fully design a room, accent pieces to major elements, or do you allow room to grow with evolving tastes and items?
- CW: I think it is so important to fully design a room. I always think that the accessories and art really pull everything together and add the most important layer…the finishing touches!
- K: Three decor trends you wish would fade away:
- CW: Dark wood floors, painting only one wall in a room as a so called” feature wall,” and wallpapering only one wall.
- K: Repro or Authentic? When is it ok to use a reproduction of a popular item?
- CW: I prefer to use authentic over repro but I think in children’s spaces you can use a repro when you are not looking to break the bank.
- K: Favorite cost efficient brand you love to use when mixing high/low:
- CW: The Mod Shop. I love that you can customize items with them whether its dimensions or finishes.