Location: Wellesley, MA
Aesthetic: Classic, Layered, Comfortable
Three Can’t Live Without Products
I love how this set reminds me of dramatic, unique marbles I’ve used in client projects over the years!
Nothing beats a crisp white duvet and shams with a tailored embroidered border! You can use these in ANY style bedroom. Truly timeless.
Both of my children love a good hooded towel snuggle after their baths – these match perfectly with their bathroom too.
- Kassatex: How did you start designing:
- Erin Gates: I started my design blog in 2007 after working in the design field for others, and then opened my business shortly thereafter. It’s grown to be bigger than anything I ever imagined.
- Kassatex: Favorite moment of the design process:
- EG: It’s a tie between flushing out the design concepts and the final installation! Both are really gratifying creatively.
- Kassatex: Favorite room to design?
- EG: Any room where a client is willing to take risks- typically guest rooms, offices, powder rooms or game rooms.
- Kassatex: Three classic paint colors you always use:
- EG: Benjamin Moore Wind’s Breath, Benjamin Moore Simply White, and Farrow & Ball Green Smoke.
- Kassatex: A bathroom must always include:
- EG: Luxurious towels, a good bathmat, a beautiful candle and GREAT lighting.
- Kassatex: What is currently on your bedside table?
- EG: My Kindle, water bottle, Maison Louis Marie candle, and lip balm.
- Kassatex: First thing you do in the morning:
- EG: COFFEE
- Kassatex: How important is it to fully design a room, accent pieces to major elements, or do you allow a room to grow with evolving tastes and items?
- EG: I like a room to be done enough to feel “finished” but leave room for people to layer in items they find in their travels over time. I think rooms should be ever evolving, but have a strong base to work off of.
- Kassatex: Forever favorite hotel:
- EG: The Mark, New York City.
- Kassatex: 3 decor trends you wish would disappear:
- EG: Bohemian 70’s anything.
- Kassatex: Most exciting moment of your career thus far:
- EG: Being on the New York Times bestsellers list. Or meeting Oprah. It’s a tie.
- Kassatex: Finish this sentence: When in doubt in design add…
- EG: Large scale abstract art- it’ll draw your eye away from any questionable elements.